Veloklub is a pioneer fashion and lifestyle marketplace and media platform focused exclusively on the cycling community, connecting global shoppers and brands through impactful content and a next-generation shopping experience.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to help manage many aspects of our one-of-a-kind social media presence. The ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams, have knowledge of the brand, and have a strong interest in social media and marketing. Our social channels are the digital window space to our brand. With this in mind, you will play a key role in supporting the growth of our social platforms by building a community of brand advocates, with the aim of sustaining high follower engagement, brand interest, and affinity. You will be incredibly passionate about all things social media and the intersection of cycling and fashion, have exceptional copywriting skills and have a flair for identifying community engagement opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Create and post compelling content and copy across social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tiktok.
- Help develop and execute strategies across social media channels including but not limited to contests, brand partnerships, interactive content, and content series.
- Become an ambassador of the VeloKlub brand, embracing our culture and adopting our tone of voice within every social interaction you deliver.
- Monitor trends in social media, cycling, outdoor, fashion, lifestyle and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content.
- Be actively involved in the Social Media team’s ideation and conceptualization process, identifying opportunities for community engagement across our content plan.
- Monitor and manage our social media accounts and actively seek out conversations happening on social for relevant information and opportunities to engage.
- Liaise closely with our Customer Service team to deliver timely and effective responses, escalating customer complaints to the relevant person for resolution.
- Be highly focussed on delighting customers, building a community of VeloKlub fans, inspiring loyalty and increasing positive sentiment on each social channels
- Identifying and engaging with superfans and social media influencers, building relationships and reporting back on relevant contacts for influencer outreach activity
- Manage content publishing & crafting world-class captions for our posts across our social platforms, using our post scheduling tool. Your spelling and grammar will be consistently excellent.
- 6+ Years experience running social media in a fashion retail brand or consumer tech company.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Deep understanding of the cycling industry and affinity for VeloKlub and the brands we sell.
- A solid understanding of the social media platforms we use, particularly in relation to audience behavior and trends.
- An awareness of our industry and influencers and/or Key Opinion Leaders in that space.
- Experience with Social Monitoring Tools (ex: Hootsuite/Google Analytics) a plus - but ability to pick up new software platforms is a must!
- Unparalleled attention to detail; image and copy accuracy with engaging written English.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude even when things get tough.
- Originality and creativity.
- Please include links to your own social media profiles so we can see how you utilize it in your own life.
What you’ll get:
- Company stock option plan
- Open/Flexible PTO policy – we encourage taking time off
- Eligible for company-wide bonus incentives
- Flexible working from home
- Join the founding team, make executive decisions, and express your full creativity
- Be part of a startup backed by A-list investors